12.22.2008

Precious Moments

Life can throw a lot of things at you. Sometimes it is frustrating but often it is simply a matter of choice that makes the difference between a precious moment and frustration. Take the fact that I am writing this at 4 in the morning. My little girl just woke up. But as I went to check on her and she complained because she wasn't going into mommy and daddy's bed, I had a choice. She looked at me and said "hold you". She obviously wasn't wanting to pick up her much larger dad but the other way around. While I cuddled her close warming her up because she had kicked her covers off, I realized this wasn't a frustration but a sweet moment that one day I will look back and long for. As she fell asleep in my arms I couldn't help but be thankful that I was awake right now. And you can be thankful that I shared this with you by typing while it was fresh on my mind instead of calling.

Posted with LifeCast

No comments:

Post a Comment